Just call me Nik

My photo
23 year old Interior Designer with a passion for Mid Century Modern anything! Obsessed with Italy, Owls, Twilight and anything 'Retro'!

Friday, September 26, 2008

Chair of the Week!- Eames



This will be the first Chair of the Week post, each week I will choose an awsome chair and give some history and backround to the chair.. if you find any great chairs please inform me and I will post it one Friday on the Chair of the Week post! 


Charles and Ray Eames (Husband and Wife)-  Eames Aluminum Management Desk Chair
Aluminum Group chairs were originally developed in 1958 as a special project by Charles and Ray Eames for a private residence being designed by Eero Saarinen and Alexander Girard. Sold only by Herman Miller at the time.  The seat-back suspension was a major technical achievement and represented a departure from the concept of the chair as a solid shell. The Management Chair is both classic and contemporary. The chair's clean, trim lines make it appropriate for all kinds of places, from contemporary homes to elegant offices. 

I chose this chair this week because I recently accuired one of my own ( Not an original but still certified Eames Design)! I LOVE IT! This is the most genious desk chair design out there still! These chairs run anywhere from the typical knock off of $166- $6,000 dependent on the design and the maker. I have the chocolate brown one, whish I had the olive green! Only I only paid $10 for a $3,000 chair!  Thanks Kevin!

1 comment:

mommyholly said...

OK that is so cute!!! And 10 bucks?! You were lucky!!! :) OK, I am borderline obsessed with cute chairs too, and I blogged about the funniest chair ever a while back- it is made out of a shopping cart!!!! :) Here is the link- http://mommyholly.blogspot.com/2008/05/eco-fabulous.html

Ooooh and also there is a neat artist who ONLY paints chairs, it is soooo cute- here is my blog about it! http://mommyholly.blogspot.com/2008/05/chairs-and-summer-reading.html